Saturday, August 1, 2009

Oatmeal Cowboy Cookies

Thanks to my sister-in-law, Angie, for sharing this yummy recipe!

OATMEAL COWBOY COOKIES

3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
3 eggs
3 cups chocolate chips (I only used one bag of milk)
3 cups oats
2 cups flaked coconut
2 cups chopped pecans (optional, I didn't use)

In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt;
set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth and creamy.
Gradually beat in sugars and vanilla. Add eggs and beat well. Add
flour mixture and stir until just combined. Add chocolate chips,
oats, coconut and pecans. Drop dough by 1/4 cup measurements onto
greased baking sheet, 3 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for about
12 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen large cookies.
I just use my cookie scoop, it's not 1/4 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment